Summer is starting to heat up, along with the grill and a few tempers.
• Do you find yourself getting riled up and edgy during the summer?
• Does the summer heat also flare up tempers in your house?
• Does your stomach feel upset and irritated?
• Have you recently had eye issues flaring up?
You are not alone, in fact I’ve had four consults on eye issues in the past 2 weeks. It’s the season of heat or “Pitta”. The good news though is that modifying our diet to suit the season will help to alleviate and pacify these symptoms and help you to enjoy the summer without getting overheated.
Signs that you have too much heat (aka Pitta) going on are:
• Irritability, Anger, Impatience, Judgmental, Critical and Jealous Nature
• Eye Issues (redness around the eyes, floaters, irritated eyes)
• Stomach Upset with Loose Stools
• Indigestion, Acid Reflux, Hiccups, Heartburn, Nausea, Ulcers
• Hives, Acne, Rashes and Skin Conditions
• Excessive Sweating, Strong Body Odor
• Canker Sores, Bleeding Gums
• Severe Bleeding and Blood Disorders
The irony is that when the grill heats up and we indulge in the all time favourite BBQ burgers we are eating many of the foods that contribute to this heating imbalance in the body.
Beef burger, bun and spicy condiments, all of which are on the avoid list for Pitta imbalances. This does not mean you can never have them – we never say never – however it does mean to avoid and reduce these foods when you are experiencing the symptoms above.
Keep your cool on hot summer days with this BBQ Burger makeover
The good news is your light summer beer is on the approved list for summer – but save your red wine for long, cold winter nights.
Download the full list of foods to favour and avoid in the summer heat…
The great news on summer is that sluggish digestive systems benefit from the summer heat and foods you may not tolerate throughout the year become staples in the summer; uncooked veggies, leafy greens and sweet fruits are all on the enjoy list. Which makes sense as these are the foods that are naturally in season during this time.
Enjoy the local produce.
Think cool not spicy.
And you’ll enjoy the summer heat without losing your cool.
Check out these 3 refreshing summer smoothies to keep your cool AND stay hydrated.
What's the Next Best Step for YOU?
Here’s how to start loving and looking after you.
Rebuilding your energy step by step.
Discover Your Dosha!
When you know your nature everything becomes… well… second nature.
From what foods you can eat guilt-free…
Which essential oils will calm your type of stress…
How to best look after your skin…
Exercise hacks and motivators…
To finding your peaceful centre so you can respond instead of react.
Uncovering your unique yoga personality will help you sort through all the self-help advice and know what’s effective for you.
Let's get started.